Saturday, September 15, 2012

Topic 4


Activity
I looked a sample math class from Open High School of Utah. I used the rubric provided by the iNACOL.
The rubric has many different parts and since I was not actually in the course, it was hard to evaluate all of it. But I did see some of the things that were on the rubric.
A1- This course did have clear goals and objectives
A3- The course content appeared to be rigorous
A7- The course requirements are made with the goals in mind
B2- This course does have different lessons which are in a logical order
B3- The course does have different activities.
B7- Math requirements were appropriate
B11- There are enrichment activities
C2- It appears there are methods to assess student’s mastery
C3- After every lesson there is an assessment
C4- After students complete the assessment (review) it tells them what they need to re study
D3- Course is very easy to navigate
D4- rich media is provided
As for section E- I cannot see anything for course evaluation. I am sure there is an option to evaluate the course, but as a sample student I cannot see it.

Summary
After reviewing the rubric I learned a lot about what a successful online course should look like. I really enjoyed being able to take a sample course through the Open High School of Utah. I believe this school looks like they really know what they are doing in terms of online learning. The only thing I could not see was if students were able to provide feedback on whether the course worked or not. I think this is an important part of any class.  Without feedback you would have no idea how to improve your course.

No comments:

Post a Comment